[tycho-user] How to automatically check upgrade paths?

Hi all,

is there (or should there be ;-) a way to automatically check upgrade
paths with Tycho? What I mean by this is the following:

Given a target definition of what is already installed, check whether an
update to some newer version of a given feature set is possible without
running into "Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting
dependency" errors (or similar) in the Eclipse install/update dialog.
(Of course, finding solution to the constraint-satisfaction problem
doesn't mean that everything is fine at runtime; nevertheless,
automatically checking for install-time errors would be nice.)

The target-platform-validation-plugin already does something similar,
although I don't think it can currently be bend enough to do the above.
But maybe I am wrong. Thoughts?

Best wishes,

Andreas
--