target platform contents either. There is nothing m2e and/or tycho can
do unless these PDE limitations are addressed.

Igor

On 12-10-29 4:53 AM, Julien HENRY wrote:
[1] =
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/slf4j/slf4j-api/1.7.2/slf4j-api-1.7.2.jar

    *De :* Julien HENRY <henryju@xxxxxxxx>
    *À :* "tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx" <tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    *Envoyé le :* Lundi 29 octobre 2012 9h49
    *Objet :* [tycho-user] Working with eclipse-plugin in Eclipse with
    Maven dependencies

    Hi,

    I'm working on a project with a similar layout than itp02:
       - some third party dependencies are regular Maven/JAR with
    correct OSGI informations added to the MANIFEST. These dependencies
    are available in my local Maven repository
       - I work on an eclipse-plugin (MANIFEST first) with nothing in
    the pom but Maven dependencies on JARs (and tycho declaration of course)

    My concern is that I don't find a way to work in Eclipse without the
    requirement to have all third party projects opened in Eclipse. You
    can easily reproduce my issue with:

    git clone git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/tycho/org.eclipse.tycho-demo.git
    cd itp02
    mvn clean install

    Then in Eclipse (with m2e and Tycho connector) you can import the
    whole itp02 projects and everything will be ok.
    tycho.demo.itp02.bundle have a workspace "Plug-in Dependencies"
    referencing pomfirst-bundle.
    But as soon as you close pomfirst-bundle project, the build is red.
    I was expecting tycho.demo.itp02.bundle to be updated to have a
    dependency on pomfirst-bundle.jar that is installed in my local
    Maven repository.

    In order to be able to work I am currently forced to create a
    "wrapper" bundle that will contains all my third party deps (like
    the pomfirst-thirdparty demo). But in this case I think I have to
    declare all OSGI informations again in the maven-bundle-plugin
    configuration and I don't see the interest of having declared a
    correct MANIFEST in my third party deps.

    In other words, what is the simplest way to use Maven JAR like [1]
    that declare correct OSGI metadata without having to wrap it in a
    bundle?

    Thanks

    Julien