Re: [tycho-user] How put generated resources files (txt, properties...) on update site?

See inline.

I am not aware of such a feature in p2, and it definitely doesn't exist in Tycho. This could be done, which would mean a new packaging type in Tycho. But the question is if this is really needed. For most people, attaching root files (i.e. arbitrary files anywhere, including the root, of an product installation) is sufficient. Can you not use feature root files?

> By the way, I've found this article informative when trying to understand
> this question: http://chamibuddhika.wordpress.com/2011/05/18/installing-
> configuration-files-with-p2-inf-feature-installation/
>
> /Mikhail
>
> P.S. Should this kind of questions be asked on the p2-dev mailing list
> since there is no p2-user one?

:-)  Yes, asking user questions on p2-dev is okay. I believe that we at Tycho are an exception that we have a "reseved" dev mailing list. But with this particular problem, I think tycho-users will be more helpful.