Re: [tycho-user] Is it possible to create a p2 site with a patch feature?

Hello Tobias,

Unfortunately, I don't have an account on Eclipse Bugzilla, which means I can't file a bug report.

I can provide you with the elements you need in this message, so you can open a report on this case, and/or ensure this is really a valid new bug (I can't myself attest that, since I know practically nothing about Tycho internals).

The very same problem is reproductible with the simplistic project set attached to this message. The 'TychoBuchProject.zip' archive contains a fake 'org.eclipse.emf' plugin, a patch feature for the EMF feature it (falsely) updates, a product definition project for hosting the desired p2 site, and a separate bare project that holds the main/parent POM.

A you will be able to see, Tycho (release 0.15) just can't resolve the original EMF feature dependency, although it is referenced in my target platform definition; moreover, I added the Eclipse main repositories (where that original features is available) in my master POM.

Hope that will be useful to Tycho developers. Please let me know if you need any other precision.

Thank you, and best regards,

Le 14/09/2012 13:21, Oberlies, Tobias a écrit :
I also believe this is a bug in eclipse-repository, and AFAIK we don't
> have a bug report for this particular case yet. Please open a bug report
> and provide a minimal project that demonstrates the problem.

Thanks & regards

Tobias