[tycho-user] Generated product contains unwanted optional dependencies

Hello,

I try to move a PDE build to Tycho. One of my issue is with the product generation.
- I use packaging type eclipse-repository.
- my product only contains my feature.
- my feature contains org.eclipse.core.runtime, which has an optional dependency on org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility.auth
- my feature does not contain org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility.auth

However in the resulting product, I get optional dependency org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility.auth included.
I created another project of type eclipse-repository, but which is based on a category.xml file. In the resulting zip, the optional dependency org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility.auth is NOT present, as expected.

For test prurpose, I added to the repository project the includeAllDependencies configuration of plugin tycho-p2-repository-plugin:

<build>
  <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
        <artifactId>tycho-p2-repository-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>0.15.0</version>
        <configuration>
          <includeAllDependencies>true</includeAllDependencies>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
  </plugins>
</build>

In this case the optional dependencies are included in the p2 repository zip.
So I tried adding the opposite configuration to the product project:

<build>
  <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
        <artifactId>tycho-p2-repository-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>0.15.0</version>
        <configuration>
          <includeAllDependencies>false</includeAllDependencies>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
  </plugins>
</build>

But still the optional dependencies are present.

Do you know how I can force product generation to not include optional dependencies?

Thank you
Vivien

Back to the top