Re: [tycho-user] how set qualifier as revision from svn during every build?

Well its nice that it is possible :] but some step by step with examples would by fine :D

Now I am just playing with " tycho-packaging:build-qualifier" but i cant force the tycho to change the qualifier with the easy way...

What I have done and tried:

1] set Bundle-Version: 1.0.0.qualifier into Manifest.mf
2] set qualifier = v12345 into build.properties
3] set   <version>1.0.0.qualifier</version> into pom.xml of bundle (plugin)
4] set clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true  -DforceContextQualifier=xxxyyy -Dbuild.qualifier=build01  into jenkins as goals and options
5] set into parrent pom.xml

<plugin>
<groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>
<artifactId>tycho-packaging-plugin</artifactId>
<version>${tycho-version}</version>
<configuration>
<qualifier>${buildQualifier}</qualifier>
</configuration>
</plugin>

but I still get the "1.0.0.qualifier" - name of jar. The only thing what works is that  -DforceContextQualifier=xxxyyy , which is stored in target/manifest.mf as bundle version

what i am doing wrong please?

> Od: Jeff MAURY <jeffmaury@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Předmět: Re: [tycho-user] how set qualifier as revision from svn during every
> build?
> Datum: 04.9.2012 12:44:19
> Load the SVN revision into a property (don't know if you can do it with the
> maven scn plugin) and pass this property to the
> tycho-packaging:build-qualifier plugin
> There is also a tycho plugin that does it for git so you may perhaps start
> from here
>
> Jeff
>

> On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 12:40 PM, <e92-330cd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I have found that with tycho-packaging:build-qualifier plugin is possible
> > to change the qualifier. I would like to set the qualifier as the last
> > revision from svn in every build on jenkins... any ideas how to manage this?
> >
> > Thanks David
> >

> --
> Jeff MAURY
>

> "Legacy code" often differs from its suggested alternative by actually
> working and scaling.
>  - Bjarne Stroustrup
>
> http://www.jeffmaury.com
> http://riadiscuss.jeffmaury.com