[tycho-user] multiple Tycho modules in one aggregator?

I have a multi-module POM with two Tycho modules (and other non-Tycho modules).

  <modules>
    <module>site-producer</module>
    <module>non-tycho1</module>
    <module>site-consumer</module>
    <module>non-tycho2</module>
  </modules>

The site-producer module results (among other) in an update site (package=eclipse-repository).
The site-consumer module wants to use this update site as repository, via a file:///../../site-producer/target/repository reference.

With the naive approach, when doing anything in a clean state on the aggregator, Maven/Tycho complains with

   No repository found at file:/.../target/repository.

As a workaround, I came up with some profile trickery to have site-consumer only active if the needed repository is actually there.
Now, this requires running 'mvn package' twice.
Not great.

Is there a better way to do this?
Thanks!
-Max