Re: [tycho-user] Relative file urls in target definition files

Hi Tobias

No, this is not possible. But I don't understand the requirement: you
own the p2 repository but still need a target file to restrict it?

Well, I need to set the target definition explicitly because I've special fragments which wouldn't be considered else. At least that's my understanding (Igor once said: "For other fragments [than SWT] you need to use explicit target platform specification") [1]. Is this obsolete? (Just use a simple target spec doesn't work for me.)

Note that the PDE doesn't support variables in target files (but it
won't tell you - the PDE code silently swallows the exception if you
specify an malformed URL)

Yes, unfortunately. My build just filters the target file and creates a 'ide' .target file version which contains absolute file pathes. Not very nice but works well.

So short,
Beat

[1] https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/TYCHO-451?focusedCommentId=115409&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-115409

Back to the top