Re: [tycho-user] Unable to resolve eclipse plugin dependency using Tycho!

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 3:57 PM, dip v <dipv2902@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am using Tycho for building eclipse plugins using maven. it works good
> when all required eclipse plugins are child modules for a project. But now
> if I install required plugins in local maven repository then its not able to
> locate it in maven repository.
>
> Does Tycho resolve dependencies from local maven repository? or am I doing
> something that is not supported by Tycho?
>

> I added all required eclipse plugins to local maven repository and mentioned
> its maven coordinates in parent POM. but it ignores <dependencies> section
> in parent pom. It gives error as:
>
> Bundle baseImplProject - Missing Constraint: Import-Package:
> com.sample.dependentProject; version="1.0.0"
>

> How to resolve eclipse plugin dependency using Tycho?

I"m still new at this, so my answer may not be correct.

Tycho doesn't use Maven dependencies to resolve your Eclipse dependencies.
Tycho will however use dependencies available in the same reactor
build of your project (i.e. modules as you discuss above).  If you
don't want that then I think you need to use a target platform to
resolve Eclipse dependencies against.
See http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Target_Platform

Tycho uses Manifest first by default to resolve dependencies.
Since you are building Eclipse plugins I suspect that all your
dependencies are already OSGi compliant, so you should not need to use
pom-first dependencies.

You could also look at the demo projects to see how they do it.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Demo_Projects

I'm not building Eclipse Plugins, I'm building an RCP application.
So I have a target platform that only contains a subset of the plugins
that I actually need.  Im also using Nexus to proxy the Eclipse P2
repositories to improve performance.

Back to the top