Re: [tycho-user] Advice for multi-module builds, with SNAPSHOTs and Target Platforms.

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Barrie Treloar <baerrach@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Like I said, RunAs Eclipse Application is expected to work without any
>> special configuration, so there is nothing to document. Please provide
>> small standalone example project that highlights your problem and I'll
>> see if I can help.
>
> Fair enough.
> I was confused about needing m2e tycho.

I've managed to get it to work.
You are right that I don't need to do anything magical.

My problem was probably introducing too much change, instead of
smaller steps.  Each step takes so long I thought I could cut some
corners...
I had everything working except for the pom-first.
After getting the current modules working as pom-first and splitting
the build into two, I went back to do the same thing to the other
internal (but not same project) dependency.

I think I also migrated from Require-Bundle to Import-Package at the same time.
I'm sure I double checked my Import-Package statements but it turns
out I was missing one package, so when I was getting errors I thought
it was because the pom-first stuff wasn't working, or some other issue
to do with class loading and log4j, xstream, spring...

And while I mention changing too much stuff, as part of attempting to
fix this issue I re-wrapped my non-OSGi dependencies and changed the
Eclipse-BuddyPolicy from "registered" to 'dependent".
Which didn't fix my problems (as I thought, since it was missing
Import-Packages), but has fixed my need to copy in
META-INF/spring.handlers and META-INF/spring.schemas from the spring
bundles.

Thank you very much for your patience and answers.

Back to the top