Re: [tycho-user] Deploy p2 repo with maven (and only maven)

Hi Xavier,

On 07/13/2012 01:05 PM, Xavier Seignard wrote:
But I'm unhappy with the fact I bind the p2 upload to the install phase rather than the deploy one.
Don't it work if you specify "deploy" as phase instead of "install" in your wagon-plugin configuration? I think "deploy" phase is emply for Tycho lifecycles, so nothing else would happen except your wagon stuff.

On a side note, I discourage you from publishing p2 repo directly in Maven. It quickly become annoying to maintain mapping between code/branch/expected repo URL when you work on multiple branches at the same time. Trying to publish p2 repo as part of the build generally introduces lots of effort in maintenance when dealing with several versions at the same time.
I find it more comfortable to deal with publication in an external step, such as a manual upload, or a Bash step in the Jenkins job.

My 2c.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat