[tycho-user] Deploy p2 repo with maven (and only maven)

Hello,

I'm wondering if someone has succeded to deploy a p2 repo with maven/tycho and only them?
I'm speaking about the exploded version of the p2 repo, not the zipped one the package goal creates.

For now I'm able to do it with wagon and the wagon plugin to deploy it through ftp/scp/etc.

Here's what I do, running the following command : "mvn clean install -PuploadRepo"
https://gist.github.com/3039165

But I'm unhappy with the fact I bind the p2 upload to the install phase rather than the deploy one.

I've searched for a solution with the deploy phase, but the execution of the deploy:deploy is tightly related with the produced maven artifact (i.e the zipped p2 repo).

A clean solution would be to bind a custom lifecycle to the eclipse-repository packaging type and bind the according goals/plugins to the deploy phase.

So the deploy phase for a eclipse-repository package could execute something similar I showed in the gist.

What's your feeling?

Do you think that using the gist solution is ok? And if not, what do you think of the solution I came with? Any other alternatives (no ant/no scripts!)?

Regards,

Xavier

Back to the top