[tycho-user] pom-first dependencies and target platform

This should be blindingly obvious but I guess I still have my Maven
dependency hat on and therefore getting confused.
I previously had the dependency in my bundle's pom.xml and then wasted
a day or so trying to work out why this isn't working.

I've updated http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/How_Tos/Dependency_on_pom-first_artifacts#What_happens_under_the_hood
to include a note about the dependency inclusion on a pom-first
bundle.

Note: The dependencies that that the target platform will consider are
the ones defined in the pom that specifies the
target-platform-configuration.
Your bundles should not have any Maven dependencies since OSGi
dependencies are specified Manifest-First in MANIFEST.MF as
Import-Package (or Require-Bundle).

Back to the top