Re: [tycho-user] Tycho Book: Repository in pom.ml or .target file (or both)

The p2 browser is awesome, I can't really work without it now.

On Jul 3, 2012, at 8:23 PM, Barrie Treloar wrote:

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 9:10 PM, Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The trick is to pick the right root installable unit. Judging by missing
dependencies you seem to develop some sort of IDE plugin, so
org.eclipse.sdk.ide may work better for you.

You can use my p2 browser [1] to see what is included in
org.eclipse.sdk.ide and other features.

[1] https://github.com/ifedorenko/p2-browser

Sweet!

Please don't hide such a gold mine.

I was bumbling around downloading the content.xml and artifacts.xml
and attempting to do this analysis by hand.
Grep doesn't cut it, and manual inspection searching for unit/provided
(package ids) also doesn't help a lot either.
I was only vaguely considering writing something to do this myself,
but I knew that wasn't really going to happen either.

I knew I wanted to prefer *.feature.group over raw plugins but I had
no tooling to help me find which damn feature to include.

Stuff like this should make its way into PDE.