[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tycho-user] Simplified product definition?
- From: Pascal Rapicault <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 17:35:18 +0200
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed; d=rapicault.net; h= content-type:mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date :content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to; s= rapicault.net; bh=Wyxk9YTc0P5DWcyM/5c4GiQv8Pw=; b=GFlabHtIz4AQ7s 4m6RE5YiptebDoPlPPTo7qJSXTgG5WHkj037G5Wp9AT/LAf68jEeaDySlcrqvadW ZSSdu7ESickrRLJ7AP5DJjMO2wCWwIPRSfP4kmobXHA+L0xaBo6qz8S4P6dyHSn4 DSDC2ZNnP1tuRdiJyZ8/PVnhMnqJ8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=rapicault.net; h=content-type :mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date :content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to; q=dns; s= rapicault.net; b=yLUhKdAmR79hDEaTZSCq7Et3cTKfwhH7PTvWeWs5VLWgcaG rfAYYnbGGdNPV0wt1wwvnhoIImzzNCATzhQJ2DWk5isWj7+XnoHcdd4Yij/yQZVn 9ck9QCDpznXHB6Qgtrdy1YmMEaLAVbGEskIsb9G8Wdpm3YeRir0AywcmSyto=
> This is kind of unmaintainable. Moreover, too much dynamics leads to much less control, and implies that you need to fully trust the p2 repositories you depend on... It's up to you but I wouldn't, since there is no real sustainability policies for p2 repo content and location so far. p2 repo can move, change, disappear, grow; and you'll for sure need to know when one of those change happen.
Retention policies are being defined by producers of the p2 repositories, and it is actually recommended to make those explicit to consumers. For example the retention policies of the Eclipse SDK repos are defined here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Project_Update_Sites
As for the release repos of the release train, they are also known to be additive only.