Re: [tycho-user] Automatically keeping version numbers in sync

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 2:46 AM, Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No, not possible either. major.minor.micro parts of the version are
> expected to match between pom.xml and corresponding eclipse metadata,
> and qualifier can either match exactly or be '-SNAPSHOT'/'.qualifier'. I
> believe we plan to relax requirement for qualifier, but don't know when.

What happens during the release process then?
Am I missing something...
I've been spending the last few weeks migrating our RCP plugin from
including library jars to the target platform (after OSGi-fication).
This was to end the pain we feel at release time because we need to
manually change build.properties, MANIFEST.MF and .classpath to be in
sync.
I was hoping to reduce or remove that pain.

Back to the top