Re: [tycho-user] Advice: OSGi'fy jars into target platform or Classpath and included in bundle?

I thought I would just try
http://www.lucamasini.net/Home/osgi-with-felix/creating-osgi-bundles-of-your-maven-dependencies
as that looked like I could just use my existing Maven dependencies
and spit out OSGi dependencies.
Maven bundle doesn't respect optional transitive dependencies so after
downloading crappy sun jars which are not available on central I
managed to get the thing building OSGi jars.

But on visually inspecting the manifests I dont think they are usable.
The Import-Package is too wide, there is stuff in there I dont use.
Same with the Export-Package, it seems to be re-exporting everything
instead of just the jar's contents.

I've had problems attempting to clone the m2e-core repo lots of
error: Unable to get pack index
http://git.eclipse.org/c/m2e/m2e-core.git/objects/pack/pack-e2befb213a0fbfb0179b688cb4c74d246b4e7a01.idx
error: Unable to find e7272b873d23f894be7c0642ae1ddc7b9f5d7c5c under
http://git.eclipse.org/c/m2e/m2e-core.git
Not sure what's up with that, I've cloned rt.equinox.p2.git in the past.

Looking at http://git.eclipse.org/c/m2e/m2e-core.git/tree/m2e-maven-runtime/org.jboss.netty/pom.xml
it appears you have manually selected each dependency and specified
how to wrap it, which is a lot more work but perhaps my only option.

I'm trying to take shortcuts as I've spent too much time on this
already, but the shortcuts aren't working so I better just hunker down
and do this step by step correctly.

Back to the top