[tycho-user] m2e dependency management?

I'm a bit confused about dependency management in a maven/tycho manifest-first environment with some dependencies hosted in a p2 repository.  It seems that if I declare a p2 repository like this:

        <repository>
            <id>snaps</id>
            <name>SnapshotRepo</name>
            <url>http://machine:8085/job/dependency-feature/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/output</url>
            <layout>p2</layout>
        </repository>

I can then build a manifest-first bundle which depends on a bundle available from that repo using maven/tycho from the command line.  However, when I import that project into eclipse, the dependencies are not discovered from that repository.  In other maven-based eclipse projects (non-plugin), m2e inserts a Maven Dependencies node into the project that contains the dependencies discovered through maven.

Why doesn't tycho-m2e do that as well?  Wouldn't that simplify the dependency discovery configuration between maven and eclipse environments?

Cheers,
--
-pete
peter m. murray