[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tycho-user] tycho-source-feature-plugin - no source generated
- From: Craig Foote <craigfoote@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 17:15:51 -0400
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=BXPHgTuk7KE16eEL7+Pk5ks3zjYXU4grgl4Gay5OH98=; b=EMUINpAtGmzj0hhE1jHpkw4Ja32sxVjFjOpPlkSbVfa/DXwLSxLNVYnU9IiNgtHgmN bdc8y+4pF6wbo4dlOcpmH/wTftVPxD4sgS2Fx//v5W8RX0cTx8OLeigZy7TudmudURiJ +LPAxISaqI/k0hF8myCgLhyQnsZRskROxJJRaL2GTUU1SM5b4YTPc03DU9RwiopZXvT7 bUL5StEgpBlZ+KElO/CNJ7fINGEAvaf61zQBRmzGLOOMwHIzbc8J6GyX/OQcW4NjEKPA 6/ezXY1wWAkAe2U5j+D7Zxg94hP0EcbleDqOVM6F3qh74uQfVuZb/im7eezplovZMJGQ xkig==
My bad, we had a typo in the category.xml :(
We now have a generated , properly-named source feature published in our repo. The only problems I see now are:
Thanks for all your help so far and what do you think about these last two issues?
- it's missing a "label" attribute so shows up as "[project].source.feature.feature.group" - pretty nasty for our consumers.
- it's missing a "plugin" attribute identifying the branding plugin so it's not grouped with the rest of our plugins in the Help > About dialog. Certainly less but still important to us.
On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Craig Foote <craigfoote@xxxxxxxxx>
Oh yeah, I forgot to add that the generated source feature is not being added to the built site. I tried duplicating the existing feature in the category.xml and appending -sources-feature but it had no effect. How can we add the generated source feature to our site?
On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 1:27 PM, Craig Foote <craigfoote@xxxxxxxxx>
Hi again Mickael,
When you said "files such as
feature,properties if" did you mean "features.properties" or "feature.xml. build.properties"? Though we're getting farther, the source feature generated still has problems.
The generated source feature is named "[project.artifactId]-sources-feature", no timestamp. Can we change this to [project.artifactId].sdk_[version_with_timestamp]? I read https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/TYCHO-192 but this seems to be ignored:
Also the feature.xml is missing "provider-name" and "label" attributes which I would have expected to be copied over from the binary feature. It also would be nice to have a reference to the branding plugin though that may be affected by it not having any actual source and us having to specify it in the excludes block in the pom.
What do you think?
On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 12:01 PM, Craig Foote <craigfoote@xxxxxxxxx>
Great, thanks again.
No, this patch was not applied. I'm now Ok with having to create a
folder, but a more explicit message and documentation on it could be
just an empty folder named "sourceTemplateFeature" at the root of
the feature that's required?
Yes, but it is also meant to include there files such as
feature,properties if you want to add content to the generated