Re: [tycho-user] How to fork http://git.eclipse.org/c/tycho/org.eclipse.tycho.git/ ?

2012/4/19 Barrie Treloar <baerrach@xxxxxxxxx>
On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:22 PM, Matthias Sohn
<matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> simply push to the same HTTPS URL you used for cloning/fetching
> : https://git.eclipse.org/r/p/repository.git

I clone the /c/ version not the /r/ (which I assume is the gerrit
review version)

if you clone via /c/ your request is served by native git having acces
to the exact same repository, if you are cloning using /r/ it's served
by Gerrit. Pushing to /c/ for code review (refs/for/...) obviously can't
work as the native git server doesn't know anything about Gerrit.

In order to make this easier to understand I would recommend to
make access over /c/ read-only (which AFAIK can be configured
by webmaster)

I may have to change the master refs later.

For now I have to read the docs on Change-Id