Re: [tycho-user] How to fork http://git.eclipse.org/c/tycho/org.eclipse.tycho.git/ ?

2012/4/18 Mykola Nikishov <mn@xxxxxxxxx>
On 04/18/2012 10:16 AM, Barrie Treloar wrote:

> Over at http://git.eclipse.org/c/tycho/org.eclipse.tycho.git/ there is
> no big fancy "fork" button like there is on github.

There is no 'fork me' button but take a look at the bottom of the page:

Clone
git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/tycho/org.eclipse.tycho.git
ssh://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/tycho/org.eclipse.tycho.git
http://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/tycho/org.eclipse.tycho.git

You could clone using any protocol you like.

> I also can't find any links that tell me what I am supposed to do.
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/Handling_Git_Contributions
> seems to indicate that it should be possible to say use github.

I think it would be better to use Eclipse Gerrit instance @
https://git.eclipse.org/r

- clone Tycho from git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/tycho/org.eclipse.tycho.git
- create Gerrit account, http://wiki.eclipse.org/Gerrit#User_Account
- generate and upload your SSH key(s) to Gerrit,
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Gerrit#SSH_Keys
- make Git repo @ Gerrit known to your local repo,
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Gerrit#Adding_a_dedicated_remote
- Install the commit-msg hook in your repository,
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Gerrit#Install_the_commit-msg_hook_in_your_repository
- make your changes and push them to Gerrit,
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Gerrit#To_create_a_new_change
- review http://wiki.eclipse.org/Gerrit#Gerrit_Code_Review_Cheatsheet
for general workflow.

I know that all these steps should be on
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Contributor_Guide#Using_Gerrit ;-)

most of that should be covered in the generic Gerrit page
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Gerrit

--
Matthias

Back to the top