Re: [tycho-user] Access restriction: The type WindowsLookAndFeel is not accessible due to restriction on classpath entry C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_20\jre\lib\rt.jar

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 5:00 PM, Sievers, Jan <jan.sievers@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> the docs are wrong.
> compilerArgument will work without fork=true

Ok, I couldn't get this to work.
        <configuration>
          <compilerArgument>-warn:-forbidden</compilerArgument>
        </configuration>
(even through in discouraged as well)
As per http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.jdt.doc.user%2Ftasks%2Ftask-using_batch_compiler.htm

And -X wasn't giving me any information about passing these options
down into the compiler.

I eventually traced it to
org.eclipse.tycho.compiler.jdt.JDTCompiler compileInProcess()
        compiler.options.put(CompilerOptions.OPTION_ReportForbiddenReference,
CompilerOptions.ERROR);

So there was no way for me to turn this option off.
Hence my workaround.

> Note that com.sun classes are VM vendor specific

Yeah, we are in a controlled environment with no public deployments.
These hack are necessary to work with third party tooling that doesn't
really work well with Java.

Back to the top