[tycho-user] Tycho and dependencyManagement

Hi everybody,

Following advices from http://www.sonatype.com/people/2009/02/why-putting-repositories-in-your-poms-is-a-bad-idea/ , we've been thinking about a way to separate dependency sources defintion (in settings.xml) and dependencyManagement (in pom.xml) to make the world happier.
We currently use Target Platform that are totally the contrary of this pattern, so we are investigating around alternative approaches to not rely on target platform or not rely directly on specific repositories.

I've heard dependencyManagement is supported by Tycho to specify dependency range. Is it true? Is there any example on how to use it? Are there known pitfalls in using it (such as transitivity or ability to set a version range for a feature without having to set version range for the included bundles...) ?
Any help/advice on this topic is very welcome.

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat