Re: [tycho-user] version numbering strategy

Hi Davy

yes, for the moment I'll version all packages and bundles with the same version :)

thanks for all the information
cheers
	Lorenzo

On 03/30/2012 10:16 PM, Davy Meers wrote:
Hello Lorenzo,

i think it depends on how you do your versioning.

For example if you use semantic versioning (See section 3.7.3 of the
OSGi Core Specification) you would version your packages.
The version of your bundles would evolve in tune of the contained packages.
In that case it makes sense to have the version in all poms.

If you don't version your packages and give all your bundles the same
version it makes sense to specify a version in the parent POM only.

Regards,
Davy