Re: [tycho-user] version numbering strategy

On 03/30/2012 07:54 PM, Kamil Demecki wrote:
Hi Lorenzo,

It is general maven issue: child pom inherits version and group id
from parent pom so you can skip it but still you need include group
and version in reference to parent from child (parent section).

<parent>
   <artifactId>mandatory</artifactId>
   <groupId>mandatory</groupd>
   <version>mandatory</version>
</parent>
  <artifactId>child</artifactId>

right!  so in any case I have version repetitions anyway ;)

However, I found that I can update them all automatically with this

mvn org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-versions-plugin:set-version -DnewVersion=<version>

thanks
	Lorenzo