Re: [tycho-user] Optional dependencies can not be resolved

After adding some of the optional dependencies in the pom.xml, I get "[ERROR] The projects in the reactor contain a cyclic reference: Edge between...". The workspace in IDE has no errors. It is strange that the configuration runs with tycho 0.12.0. I also tried to include only packages with the same result that the org.eclipse.ui could not be resolved.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Igor Fedorenko
Gesendet: Freitag, 16. März 2012 14:54
An: tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [tycho-user] Optional dependencies can not be resolved

Something like this should work for bundle projects

    <dependency-resolution>
       <optionalDependencies>ignore</optionalDependencies>
       <extraRequirements>
           <requirement>
               <type>eclipse-plugin</type>
               <id>org.eclipse.ui</id>
               <versionRange>0.0.0</versionRange>
           </requirement>
       </extraRequirements>
    </dependency-resolution>

It basically tells Tycho to ignore optional dependencies specified in
bundle manifest and use org.eclipse.ui. Obviously, you can replace
org.eclipse.ui with org.eclipse.rap.ui. You can also move this
configuration to a pom.xml profile and choose between the two using -P
command line invocation parameter.

For other project types you most likely don't need to do anything
because they already explicitly select either org.eclipse.ui or
org.eclipse.rap.ui.

Igor