Re: [tycho-user] PartInitException: View descriptor not found

The test runtime is computed in a different way in Tycho than in Eclipse. The way Tycho does it, you’ll find out if you have implicit dependencies, as in your case. The solution is easy: make them explicit.

From http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Release_Notes/0.13:

„The OSGi runtimes for tests no longer contains the full target platform but only the (transitive) dependencies of the test bundle. This may lead to test failures due to missing implicit dependencies. Recommendation: Make the dependencies explicit in the component feature and add it to the test runtime.”

Regards

Tobias

From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ramesh gunjal
Sent: Freitag, 2. März 2012 07:27
To: Tycho user list
Subject: [tycho-user] PartInitException: View descriptor not found

Hello,

I am writing some tests for my RCP application and getting following exception while running JUnit Plug-in Test. It works fine from within Eclipse IDE.

> org.eclipse.ui.PartInitException: View descriptor not found: org.eclipse.ui.navigator.ProjectExplorer
 at org.eclipse.ui.internal.FolderLayout.addView(FolderLayout.java:75)

In my test method I am creating some views. I think I am missing something either in manifest or lauch configuration. Please help me to solve this issue.

Here is my test manifest and pom

Manifest-Version: 1.0

Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2

Bundle-Name: Test

Bundle-SymbolicName: com.xxx.mayapp.test

Bundle-Version: 1.0.0.qualifier

Bundle-Vendor: XXX

Fragment-Host: com.xxx.myapp;bundle-version="1.0.0"

Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.6

Require-Bundle: org.junit;bundle-version="4.8.1",

com.xxx.myapp.application;bundle-version="1.0.0"

Where 'com.xxx.myapp.application' is my RCP application

<groupId>com.xxx.myapp</groupId>

<artifactId>com.xxx.myapp.test</artifactId>

<version>1.0.0.qualifier</version>

<packaging>eclipse-test-plugin</packaging>

<repositories>

<repository>

<id>indigo</id>

<layout>p2</layout>

<url>http://download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo</url>

</repository>

</repositories>

<profiles>

<profile>

<build>

<plugins>

<plugin>

<groupId>org.eclipse.tycho</groupId>

<artifactId>tycho-surefire-plugin</artifactId>

<version>${tycho.version}</version>

<configuration>

<useUIHarness>true</useUIHarness>

<useUIThread>false</useUIThread>