Re: [tycho-user] any way tycho to change the .qualifier of POM-FIrst bundles when generating a P2 ?

Hi,

try using

  <_snapshot>${maven.build.timestamp}</_snapshot>

in the instruction section of the maven-bundle-plugin

e.g.

  <artifactId>...</artifactId>
  <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <packaging>bundle</packaging>

      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
        <extensions>true</extensions>
        <configuration>
          <instructions>
            <Bundle-SymbolicName>...</Bundle-SymbolicName>
            <Bundle-ClassPath>.,{maven-dependencies}</Bundle-ClassPath>
            <Embed-Dependency>*;scope=compile|runtime;inline=false</Embed-Dependency>
            <Embed-Transitive>true</Embed-Transitive>
            <Embed-Directory>jars</Embed-Directory>
            <_exportcontents>*</_exportcontents>
            <_sources>true</_sources>

            <_snapshot>${maven.build.timestamp}</_snapshot>

          </instructions>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

see http://www.aqute.biz/Bnd/Format for further references.

Michael

> Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 11:21:04 -0300
> From: Cristiano Gavi?o <cvgaviao@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: Tycho user list <tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [tycho-user] any way tycho to change the .qualifier of
> 	POM-FIrst bundles when generating a P2 ?
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a p2 that contain both POM-First and Manifest-First bundles.
>
> when I create a snapshot version I could see that only the bundles
> created by tycho have it generated symbolic name .qualifier
> changed for
> a timestamp. all pom-first stay as was created, with .SNAPSHOT.
>
> The POM-First is being created by maven-bundle-plugin, so its
> default is
> to create it snapshot bundles with .SNAPSHOT instead a .qualifier.
>
> But even when I configure maven-bundle-plugin to generate a
> bundle name
> using .qualifier instead the default I could not have the
> expected result.
>
> please, could someone give me a light?
>
> regards,
>
> Cristiano