[tycho-user] Handling non-osgi/non-p2 available dependencies?

This has been up many times before - how to handle non-osgi/non-p2
dependencies in an eclipse pde project when building with tycho.

We have previously used the tycho-extra plugin to build a p2 site with
the required dependencies (only works if they already have meaningful
bundle-headers in the manifest file) in combination with felix (to add
bundle headers for non-osgi projects).

Now we simply use the maven-dependency-plugin to copy the necessary
dependencies from nexus at build time to the bundle project root and
add it to its classpath. The advantage is that it can be done in the
same reactor and is private for the project.

Are there a better way to do this/how do you guys handle this problem?

Back to the top