Re: [tycho-user] Best way to handle strange, ant-built plugins

Thomas,

On 11/01/2012 2:30 PM, Thomas Smith wrote:
Do you mean converting them to Manifest-first?  I've thought about
making them pom-first (currently they're nothing, just ant), but
manifest-first might work... hm

You could do that too. If you can convert them to manifest-first, then Tycho would be generating them, and you'd have eliminated your problem.

However, I'd read your original post to mean that there was a reason the manifest was being generated at build-time (resource specific entries, custom manifest parameters, etc), in which case, there are ways to generate OSGi bundes with Maven that would build pom-first (and generate a manifest). I'm just not too versed in them, being fairly new myself. Also the whole point of our switch to Tycho was to migrate our bundle generation to a manifest-first approach, but along the way I did stumble across demos and such for a pom-first approach.

-Eric

Back to the top