Re: [tycho-user] Default <Finalname> not working?

Igor,

Fair enough. I'm using Tycho for building runtime bundles ('simple' OSGi jars) mostly.

We're in the process of migrating over to Maven from Ant, but we wanted to use Tycho for the bundle generation even if we couldn't use it yet for the full end-to-end generation due to our current directory structure and other non-conformities.

FWIW, FinalName worked fine for the product bundles. For the source bundles I had to define a <configuration> section and got it to 'almost' work. The only problem there was I couldn't seem to get rid of the -source suffix from being added. I ended up just renaming with ant after the bundles were generated (It also works the same for tycho-source-plugin in 0.13.0).
<plugin>
<groupId>org.sonatype.tycho</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-osgi-source-plugin</artifactId>
<version>0.11.1</version>
<executions>
<execution>
<id>plugin-source</id>
<phase>package</phase>
<goals>
<goal>plugin-source</goal>
</goals>
<configuration>
<finalName>${project.artifactId}.source_${release.version}.${build.qualifier}</finalName>
<sourceBundle>true</sourceBundle>
<sourceBundleSuffix>.source</sourceBundleSuffix>
<qualifier>${build.qualifier}</qualifier>
</configuration>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>

I'm not certain if there is a use-case to make the effort worthwhile, it just seemed non-intuitive and I was seeking clarification.

Thanks.

-Eric