Re: [tycho-user] Best practice for version handling

Am 09.01.2012 12:59, schrieb Igor Fedorenko:
Parent coordinates have to be constants, otherwise Maven will not be
able to load build extensions that provide Tycho-specific behaviour. The
same probably applies to artifactId and packaging, but I am not 100% sure.

I do not believe there are any fundamental restrictions on other parts
of pom.xml, but implementation may or may not be possible without
changes to Maven core. Other Maven tools, like m2e, will likely need
changes to support the new properties.

In one of the last versions (m2e only warns me since 1.0.200 or so), you can omit the version in a POM when it has the same as the parent POM. The same is true for the groupId.

So you can get away with just one version number to update per POM file but you always have to update the parent POM. Also all versions of all modules/bundles must be the same.

http://blog.pdark.de/

Back to the top