Re: [tycho-user] <optionalDependencies> configuration parameter

On 30/12/2011 16:23, Igor Fedorenko wrote:
1. tycho-compiler-plugin <configuation> block
-1.
IMHO tycho-compiler-plugin is the place where to deal with compiling options, such as flags to enable line numbers in compiled code. This is not the place where I'd look for resolution of dependencies/classpath.

2. new target-dependency-configuration <configuration> block, separate
from target-platform-configuration
3. new target-resolver-configuration <configuration> block, that
supersedes target-platform-configuration and allows configuration of all
aspects of Tycho dependency resolution
IMHO, both would be fine. Of both, I tend to prefer target-resolver because the word "resolution" is very clear and most stuff I red about the optionalDependency issue do mention the word "resolve".

HTH

Mickael Istria
R&D Engineer, Eclipse Plug-in RCP Developer

PetalsLink - Open Source SOA

My blog - My Tweets

Back to the top