[tycho-user] Tycho in a Client Server Environment

Hey,

I am facing some uncertainties regarding the use of Tycho in a client server environment.

Here is the setting.

The client is built in Eclipse RCP. The server is a plain maven webapp, that sets up webservices consumed by the client.

Now the tricky part: the domain projects need to be deployed on both server and client. What we have so far are Domain-Maven Projects and we use Apache Felix to convert them into OSGI Bundles. This approach works, but is very cumbersome. Apart from that, we do not have a headless build for the client yet.

I have played around with Tycho today. Feels pretty neat to me. I am still uncertain as to how to work around the problem with the domain projects.

Expert advice would be much appreciated.

Best regards

Sebastian Janisch

Back to the top