[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tycho-user] Is there a way to choose or change a P2 category.xml conditionally ?
- From: Cristiano Gavião <cvgaviao@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 11:36:12 -0300
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references :in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=zboq+N3G05Ro8j1VnfcHEtGSRVnmIQjFgYB7uNyUnYU=; b=CnzImoJi2gmO7+YFbqokDvjr4D3Ue3IZEoW6l1CRQI6hf+0KNsJ8O+4dS9ToVYe+0a +tW5zwZiV+GaMXrcmjMCtZrHPukVVK7nSaw95oXPmwWBhdyLK1MZeQXq4yryTA9hRoDQ /r2J0MX8UhDzrXDK+tJcX+Ppc284lt2BvWRZo=
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:8.0) Gecko/20111105 Thunderbird/8.0
Well, answering myself, no we can't use a alternative category.xml file.
At least, looking at tycho-p2-repository-plugin (PublishCategoriesMojo)
I could see that category.xml is fixed on code, so I can't use pom
configuration to choose an alternative one.
I've tried to use an ant plugin to copy a category.xml from a template
at validation phase, but it doesn't worked (don't know why).
So, to resolve my problem for now, I've created another P2 repository,
just for the I18n stuffs, and have created a composite p2 repository
project (as JAR) to merge both repositories.
On 02/12/11 21:55, Cristiano Gavião wrote:
Im my system project set I have a p2 project being generated by tycho
and all modules is being built properly. In this project I have one
category.xml file with one category that have all features.
Now I have lots of fragment projects (basically I18n stuffs) grouped
by country/language that I need to add to the set.
Initially I've included them to reactor using maven Profiles. Now I
have one profile that do not include the NL fragments (just the host
bundles), one for all, and one for each language set ( I just think
that developer don't need to build all languages all the time...)
But now I can't figure out how could I setup the build to
conditionally change the category.xml (or choose another one) to
reflect the activated profile... For example, if I call the Build_ALL
profile I want to have one more category (NL Features) in the
Could someone give a tip how could I achieve this or any alternative ?