Re: [tycho-user] Exporting a Target Definition file

On 11-11-24 5:05 PM, Aaron Digulla wrote:
Am 24.11.2011 17:29, schrieb Igor Fedorenko:

What is "mode=slicer"? I've never heard about that before. So far, I've
selected specific versions of bundles in my .target file. This is clumsy.

In this mode Tycho (and PDE) simply collect bundles and features
included by the seed installable units specified in the .target file.
This is a simple dependency tree walk and always produces the same
result, even if new versions of dependencies become available (or fails,
if the required version disappear).

For example, I have a dependency to the subversion bundles. They were
updated recently and the old versions were deleted from the repo. That
caused a lot of errors in the target file editor: All of a sudden all
site entries showed the error "Unable to locate bundle
org.eclipse.subversion.team.connector.source" :-(

There is nothing you can do about poorly maintained repositories,
regardless of repository format. Either setup local "mirror" or talk to
the maintainers of the repository (or stop using subversion, like we did
;-) ).

I feel quite uneasy about the target file editors and the whole
technology around it. For example, I don't know how I can set the target
platform per project. This doesn't seem to be possible which is ... odd.

I gave up on .target file editor long time ago, way too unpredictable
and buggy. I just use plain text editor to make whatever changes I need.
As for per-project target platform configuration, this is not support by
PDE.

Igor

Back to the top