De : tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Igor Fedorenko
Envoyé : 27 octobre 2011 16:23
À : tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: [tycho-user] m2e-tycho : what is its scope ?

On 11-10-27 4:03 PM, Dahanne, Anthony wrote:
> Thanks Igor for your answer. Importing m2e-eclipse projects in
> eclipse I could see how convenient is m2e-tycho, auto transforming
> those pom first bundle projects into "real" bundles.
>
> Now, if I understand correctly, as an Eclipse plugin Manifest first
> developer, m2e-tycho is just useful to shutdown m2e errors messages
> about "I don't know what is an eclipse-plugin/eclipse-feature
> packaging".
>
> Even more, still as an Eclipse plugin Manifest first developer, since
> I have to rely on PDE target platform resolver, the only value added
> by m2eclipse is to provide me with the "Run as Maven ..." contextual
> menus.

Dependency resolution is only one aspect of Maven integration provided
by m2e and m2e-tycho. Build lifecycle mapping is another big part of m2e
functionality and it is fully supported for manifest-first projects. For
example, m2e uses code generation provided by modello (maven) plugin and
this works completely transparently inside Eclipse workspace.

Igor