Re: [tycho-user] Unable to update installable featuresthat are declared in a .product file independent of updatingthe product

Hi,

I’m in favor of this enhancement, too, thanks for requesting.

In the meantime, I also tried updating the whole product, but this doesn’t work when building with tycho.

TYCHO: It builds and runs fine, it just doesn’t find any updates.

PDE: When building the application and the following updated product/repository via PDE, it updates just fine.

Steps:

1-      build product

2-      update product version in .product/.pom
+ update feature version in feature.xml and .pom
+ referencing new feature version in .product

3-      build product and repository again

4-      update product (1) using the repository (3) via headless update

Am I missing something? What does PDE do differently, since it works fine?

Regards Robert