[tycho-user] Package custom Eclipse installation with Tycho

Hi,

Is there a way to assemble a custom Eclipse installation (based on a default Eclipse product like JEE flavor + custom plugins)? I would like to describe in a pom or any other file the expected product+features and have a zip file as a result. I already tried p2.director but this is a real mess (lot of ant scripts) and I have never managed to have something working.

In other word, I would like to script the equivalent of:
  - download and extract eclipse for jee dev
  - perform install of a few plugins/features hosted on several p2 repos
  - create a new archive ready to be distributed to employees

I saw there is a eclipse-application packaging type in tycho and I would like to know if this is what I am looking for?

Regards,

Julien

Back to the top