Re: [tycho-user] Application build works on Linux fails on Windows

I think I have it sorted out now. My Eclipse IDE use has led me to
create a product defining plugin project where I keep my branding
assets, the product extension, and my .product file. So, when I
attempted to create the tycho build, I added a POM to this directory
with eclipse-application packaging. But, really, I need two things
from that directory. One is the plugin itself and the other is the
eclipse application. I've tried breaking it apart into two directories
each with its own POM and that works fine. Though I'm not sure how to
organize that so that the IDE and tycho both like it. My first attempt
uses symbolic links which the Windows users will probably have
difficulty with.

Anyway, the quick answer is that most tutorials for creating RCP apps
create that one product plugin project which would lead you to create
one POM. But I think you need two. One for to produce the plugin and
one to produce the application.

  --Rhett

Back to the top