[tycho-user] Updateablr RCP app with maven

Hi,

After migrating our product build to tycho 0.13.0 - which is really a big step forwards, thanks to the great work! - I migrated our product build from the eclipse-application packaging to eclipse-repository. We now have nice looking native launcher for all platforms which correct icons and working launchers. But when I add p2 update to my products, I'm not able to install any features. And after googling for my problem, I found two solutions to my problem:

  1. Manually add the following line:
    eclipse.p2.data.area=file\:/base/p2/
    to my <eclipse-dir>/configuration/config.ini
  2. It also works when I build with PDE, because this creates the following eclipse.ini file:
    -startup
    ../../../plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.0.v20100507.jar
    --launcher.library
    ../../../plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.cocoa.macosx.x86_64_1.1.1.R36x_v20100810

But if I change my product file to either reference my own config.ini or try to add the "-startup..." arguments to the products macosx program arguments, both workarounds doesn't seem to be supported by tycho.
Is this is known bug? How do others build updateable products that run on Mac OS X? I guess it's only a problem on Mac OS X, but I haven't tested it on my Win VirtualBox...

Cheers,
Matthias

Back to the top