Re: [tycho-user] maven site publication

I'm not a mvn site expert and we can definitely use some help with documentation.

Here are my thoughts regarding mvn site:

- Not all of the mojos which are technically public are end user API and should be exposed.
  We could start with just the ones currently listed in site.xml:

      Tycho Compiler Plugin
      Tycho Source Plugin
      Tycho Test Plugin
      Tycho Versions Plugin
      P2 Director Plugin
      P2 Repository Plugin

- The mojo javadocs of the end user mojos will need some love

- As a compromise, we could add a disclaimer "provisional API - still subject to change" to the docs

- The docs should be versioned and 0.13.0 will hopefully be released soon; probably we will not make it in time for 0.13.0

- The wiki docs [1] should be interlinked with the generated site.
  My take on wiki vs site is: the wiki could provide the how-tos and usage samples
  whereas the generated site provides reference documentation.

- since wiki can't import a generated site, I would upload the site docs somewhere on the tycho homepage [2] and link it from
  its doc section

Regarding contributions, larger code contributions (>250 lines) will have to go through bugzilla, see [3].
Wiki contributions have no barrier to entry. Just edit.

Regards
Jan

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Category:Tycho
[2] http://eclipse.org/tycho/