[tycho-user] Performance of eclipse-repository builds

Due to bug 342851, I upgraded from Tycho 0.12.0 to 0.13.0-SNAPSHOT.

Now my platform build works again, but it is extremely slow the first time, since Tycho is trying to download artifacts of the kind foo-1.2.3.jarp2artifacts.xml for every plain old Maven dependency, trying each repository configured in my POMs.

Is this really needed? Why does Tycho try to load p2 metadata for non-p2-artifacts from non-p2-repositories?

I'm close to reverting to Tycho 0.10.0...

Best regards,
Harald