Re: [tycho-user] Running a custom plugin before

Igor,

Thanks for the reply.

Given this limitation, it is very unfortunate that BuildQualifierMojo is bound to the validate phase.  It seems that a great deal of the functionality that it provides can not be effectively used. It seems to me that the most powerful use of the “forceContextQualifier” would be for a step within the build to calculate the desired qualifier to be used (for example from svn commit logs). But as currently defined, there is not a place to insert that qualifier calculation into the build stream. Manually changing the build.properties in every plugin project seems to be a lot of manual work and error prone.

This type of processing is critical to build a well behaved, p2-enabled RCP application that support the full p2 capabilities on no-released software. The bundle-version for a bundle must not change if the same source code is built multiple times.

Thanks

Rich

On 11-07-11 19:53:14, Igor Fedorenko wrote:

> No, I do not believe it is possible to run any additional plugin goals before BuildQualifierMojo.

> This is a general Maven limitation, there is nothing we can do about it in Tycho.

> --

> Regards,

> Igor

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic message transmission, including any attachment(s), may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information from Chemical Abstracts Service (“CAS”), a division of the American Chemical Society (“ACS”). If you have received this transmission in error, be advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Please destroy all copies of the message and contact the sender immediately by either replying to this message or calling 614-447-3600.

Back to the top