Re: [tycho-user] Managing development-time dependencies

for additional.bundles, see known bug

https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/TYCHO-428

however I think that by adding a jars.extra.classpath entry in build.properties (see e.g. [1]) you
should be able to achieve the same thing.

>Even worse, if you are
>using "import-package" kind of dependencies, build-time classpath is
>restricted to those package, not even to bundle containing those
>packages. This is exactly what we expect from an OSGi runtime, not from
>an OSGi build tool, isn't it ?

This is intended behaviour.

Regards,
Jan

[1] https://github.com/sonatype/sonatype-tycho/blob/master/tycho-its/projects/TYCHO253extraClassPathEntries/org.eclipse.tycho.testExtraClasspathTest1/build.properties

Is there a clean way in Tycho to handle the case presented in the
following blog post:

http://mcaffer.com/2011/01/managing-development-time-dependencies/

It seems that Tycho does not handle the "additional.bundles" property
used by AMD to resolved the build-time classpath. Even worse, if you are
using "import-package" kind of dependencies, build-time classpath is
restricted to those package, not even to bundle containing those
packages. This is exactly what we expect from an OSGi runtime, not from
an OSGi build tool, isn't it ?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Mikael