[tycho-user] Running eclipse plugin test that depends on an Eclipse library

Hello,

In one of our testing scenarios, we need to test our plugin (for the Scala language) on a project that depends on JUnit. The test fails in Tycho because JUnit is not on the project's classpath, but succeeds in the Eclipse test runner.

Here's my setup:

 - tycho builds successfully both my plugin and the test fragment
 - it prepares an Eclipse instance populated with the right dependencies and runs my test class
 - my test class copies an existing project recursively into the new/empty workspace
 - my test compiles the test project, and fails because JUnit is not on the classpath

The .classpath looks correct:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<classpath>
<classpathentry kind="src" path="src"/>
<classpathentry kind="con" path="org.scala-ide.sdt.launching.SCALA_CONTAINER"/>
<classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/JavaSE-1.6"/>
        <classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jdt.junit.JUNIT_CONTAINER/4"/>
<classpathentry kind="output" path="bin"/>
</classpath>

(the SCALA_CONTAINER is correctly found).

If I change the junit dependency to point directly to a jar file (instead of the classpath container JUNIT_CONTAINER), the test passes.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks,
iulian

--
« Je déteste la montagne, ça cache le paysage »
Alphonse Allais

Back to the top