From: tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Toedter, Kai
Sent: 13 May 2011 15:23
To: tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tycho-user] Eclipse RCP products and WebStart

Hi All,

I have a demo RCP application that I can make “WebStartable” using either the Eclipse IDE or PDE build. My long time goal would be to use Tycho for it. For the regular RCP app I have the Tycho based product build up and running, signing the JARS is working already.

For the WebStart-Version I created a JNLP feature that provides a manually written root jnlp file and has all the needed features included. This works well with PDE build and the IDE. PDE then generates jnlp files for every feature included in the master feature, the master feature only has to include the jnlp wrapper feature.

I already took a look at http://mojo.codehaus.org/webstart/webstart-maven-plugin/jnlp-mojos-overview.html but I could not get it run together with my existing build.

I also took a look at https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/TYCHO-508, but could not integrate it in the current Tycho 0.11.1.

Does anyone have experiences (running example) for an RCP product that is using WebStart?

Thanks

Kai

---

Kai Tödter

Siemens AG

Corporate Technology

System Architecture & Platforms

CT T DE IT 1

Otto-Hahn-Ring 6

81739 Munich, Germany

Phone: +49 89 636-41064

Fax: +49 89 636-45450

mailto: kai.toedter@xxxxxxxxxxx

Internet: www.siemens.com/corporate-technology

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gerhard Cromme; Managing Board: Peter Loescher, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer; Roland Busch, Brigitte Ederer, Klaus Helmrich, Joe Kaeser, Barbara Kux, Hermann Requardt, Siegfried Russwurm, Peter Y. Solmssen, Michael Suess; Registered offices: Berlin and Munich, Germany; Commercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Munich, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322

Back to the top