[tycho-user] Best way to consume an ejb-client .jar in an eclipse-plugin?

Hi,
I am currently searching for a (nicer) way to consume an ejb-client
.jar in a tycho-built eclipse-plugin. At the moment we have the
following maven set-up:

- parent
  - server - (packaging: ejb, has the maven-ejb-plugin configured to
generate a client .jar)
  - eclipseplugin - (packaging: eclipse-plugin, client.jar is
referenced in Bundle-Classpath, copied there by
maven-dependency-plugin during generate-resources).

This solution actually works since TYCHO-577 is resolved, so its not a
problem to build and run, but there are still at least the following
issues which make me think if there is a better way?

1. the workflow when developing is to run 'mvn install' on the server
module, then run 'mvn generate-resources' on the eclipseplugin module
so the .jar is copied. (Or do an install on the parent). So that is
quite cumbersome.
2. when you reference the mentioned eclipse-plugin from a
target-platform it is only possible to access the classes from the
wrapped .jar since Eclipse Indigo (Bug 111238), but is considered
"evil" anyway. So maybe the better solution would be to generate a
kind of ejb-client-eclipse-plugin, but how would you go about that?

Any thoughts / experiences?

Back to the top