[tycho-user] How to handle third party libraries?

Hi tycho users,

I need some tips concerning third party libraries in tycho builds. I
want to be able to build an RCP application with tycho and also start it
from within eclipse. My reactor consists of four eclipse-plugins, an
eclipse-feature, and an eclipse-repository (with the materialze product
flag).

This is how I'm trying to build it with tycho:
1. Download and unzip the eclipse ee helios release
2. Create OSGi bundles of all my 3rd party libs and copy them into the
eclipse/plugins directory (BTW: in eclipse I'm using this eclipse
installation as target platform)
3. Run the org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.FeaturesAndBundlesPublisher
application from eclipse to create a p2 repository containing the
eclipse bundles + my 3rd party libs
4. Point tycho to this repository using a file:// URL
5. Start the tycho build with mvn clean package

The build is successful for the plugin and feature projects, but when it
comes to the repository project, the build fails at the
org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-p2-repository-plugin:0.12.0:assemble-repository
goal. The root cause is:

Caused by: org.eclipse.tycho.p2.tools.FacadeException: Copying p2
repository content failed: "Problems resolving provisioning plan.":
["Unable to satisfy dependency from bic_design_rcp_feature.feature.group
1.0.33.201106301700 to org.apache.commons.logging [1.1.0]."]

I have checked my generated p2 repository and it actually contains this
dependency and it is also listed in the contents.xml. I don't know, what
I'm doing wrong.

Any hints on this are appreciated. Also, if you know a better way to
achieve my wanted setup, please let me know, how you are doing it.

Kind regards,
Henrik

Back to the top