Re: [tycho-user] Minerva UI Tests and miscellaneous issues

Hi Mykola,

thanks for the reply!

I hope https://github.com/caniszczyk/minerva/pull/10 will save you
couple days next time ;-)
Well, I pulled your latest Minerva repo and the bug I mentioned is still there. Building your Minerva fails with the same error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Bundle org.aniszczyk.minerva.tests.ui is not found.
BTW is there any particular advantage in making the tests.ui project a
fragment of the tests.core plugin?
Yes, 'Option 3: Place test code in a fragment' @
http://www.modumind.com/2007/06/20/unit-testing-plug-ins-with-fragments/
Yes, I am familiar with that. But the tests.ui is a fragment to the tests.core, which itself is a normal plugin. So basically the test.ui has access to the non-public methods of test.core (but what for?) while neither the tests.core nor the tests.ui has non-public access to the plugins they are supposed to test.

For my own project I have the tests.core as a fragment to the core plugin.
And I just changed my tests.ui to a normal plugin (not fragment) because a) so far my (very limiteded) SWTBot test don't need special access to the classes they are testing and -- more important -- b) I can add a log4j.xml to the tests.ui/src to stop log4j from complaining about not properly being set up.

Thanks for the pointers to the github issues page for Minerva. Haven't used github so far but I think I'll register and use it to contribute my 2ยข to Minerva (which I think is a great tool for all small Eclipse plugin developers like me)

Thomas

Back to the top